Monday, March 9, 2009

The Strange Case of James Leininger: Reincarnated World War Two Fighter Pilot?

Reincarnation is one of those subjects that has fascinated humankind for thousands of years. I admit to a certain skepticism about it, and definitely a personal animus to the idea of "coming back". Isn't one life enough, after all? Who in their right mind would want to go through all of this again, learning from scratch, and experiencing all of the travails, disappointments, sadness and sorrows of life? Of course there are the good parts, many of them, and looking back on my own life I can't say, overall, that it has not been worth it. It has been quite an experience, to the contrary, and I've enjoyed most of it, and in my twilight years on the wrong side of 50, I often enjoy reminiscing about the good times. But to do it all over again? No thanks! is my immediate reaction.

Maybe that's viewing it from a narrow perspective. Maybe after some 60 years of oblivion, I might feel excited about the prospect of playing the game of life once more. Perhaps something like awaking from a very refreshing long sleep, anticipating the excitements of the days ahead. I am, of course, speaking totally hypothetically. Eternal oblivion would not bother me, because I'd be eternally oblivious that I was ever alive or even dead.

From time to time we hear reincarnation stories that make us aware of this possibility, and momentarily our skepticism is subdued. One such moment is when viewing the story of James Leininger. I'll let these two You Tube clips do the talking:


Part 1



Part 2



"I wonder if I could have been here before as I drive up the Roman road the Theater seems familiar — perhaps I headed a legion up that same white road... I passed a chateau in ruins which I possibly helped escalade in the middle ages. There is no proof nor yet any denial. We were, We are, and We will be."

(General) George S. Patton. (In a letter to his mother from Chamlieu, France during World War I, revealing some of his speculations about reincarnation. [1917-11-20])



Related Links:

Boy tells of pilot's experiences

Could a Little Boy Be Proof of Reincarnation?

No comments:

Post a Comment