Friday, August 2, 2013

Jessica Watson Three Years On.

"I wanted to challenge myself and achieve something to be proud of. And yes, I wanted to inspire people. I hated being judged by my appearance and other people's expectations of what a 'little girl' was capable of. It's no longer just my dream or voyage. Every milestone out here isn't just my achievement, but an achievement for everyone who has put so much time and effort into helping getting me here." - Jessica Watson.



Hollywood comes to Jessica:

Solo sailor Jessica Watson signs with American film producers.

Watson changes tack: Teen sailor's voyage to become a movie.

Solo sailor Jessica Watson's story to be made into major movie.

''There's no need to manufacture any of the story. It's so incredible.'' - Garry Maddox, The Sydney Morning Herald.

"American producer David Brookwell said he had been looking out for another “inspirational family film” to make and had followed Watson’s dangerous journey with interest from afar. He said the net would be cast far and wide to find a young Australian to play Watson, with the role most likely to go to an unknown actor." - News.com.au

"I asked myself do I really want a movie because it's putting myself right out there," she said. She was encouraged by BME's treatment of Bethany Hamilton's story in Soul Surfer because "most importantly it's a story that's going to come across as inspiring." - Michael Bodey, The Australian.

Update 13/8/13: 

Unknown actress to star in Jess Watson movie True Spirit .



No comments:

Post a Comment