Friday, April 17, 2015

Darrell Waltrip on God and NASCAR: National Prayer Breakfast in Washington, February 5, 2015.

"You don't have to walk alone. … Get on your knees and ask for forgiveness. He's waiting for you. He was there all the time. I just didn't know or acknowledge it." 
- Darrell Waltrip. 

"This is what people said about me. They said I was brash, ruthless, pushy, cocky, conceited, aloof, boastful, arrogant and just downright annoying," Waltrip said. "And I've got to tell you, those were people that liked me so you can imagine what people that didn't like me had to say about me."

- Darrell Waltrip address at the National Prayer Breakfast. 



The crash that changed Darrell Waltrip's life.

Waltrip said he did "everything to satisfy me." And when his wife, Stevie, tried to take him to church, he said he just didn't have the time "for this church stuff." But things changed after a car wreck.




Darrell Waltrip's address at the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington DC, February 5, 2015.

"I know I talk to millions of fans on TV every week. However, I'm not entirely comfortable speaking to this many people in person, but the Lord told me to do so," he added. "This was an honor beyond description and a moment I'll never forget. I love to share my testimony about what the Lord has done in my life, and doing it on my birthday made it that much more special."
 
 



President Obama: Love and Humility is the Key.

"There aren't that many occasions that bring His Holiness [Dalai Lama] under the same roof as NASCAR," President Obama said. "This may be the first, but God works in mysterious ways."




Links:

'You're Going to Hell If You Don't Know Jesus,' NASCAR's Darrell Waltrip Says at Nat'l Prayer Breakfast Before Obama, Dalai Lama.

Waltrip gives National Prayer Breakfast keynote.



No comments:

Post a Comment